To help NFTDC carry out itís research as a self financing, multi-disciplinary R&D institution, a Governing Council (GC), with a tenure of 3 years, and consisting of not less than 7 members, provides the desired direction and guidance to NFTDC through itís Director.
Members of the GC are generally drawn from prominent Public & Private Sector companies (engaged in the fields of Metals, Materials, Energy, Automotive, Health Care, Manufacturing and Aero Space etc), premier Research labs, reputed Academic Institutions (like the IITs and Management institutes) and Science & Technology related Departments & Ministries of the Government (like DST, MNRE, DRDO, DBT, etc). Finally a member from the Ministry of Mines and Director, NFTDC are included in the GC.
The GC is invariably headed by an eminent Scientist with diversified experience in managing Research teams as itís Chairman. Director, NFTDC acts as the Member Secretary of the GC.
# The present Governing Council (for the term 2011 Ė 2013) consists of the following members Ė
- 1. Prof VS Ramamurthy, (Former Secretary, Dept of Science & Technology)
Members from Industry
- 2. Chairman & Managing Director / Director (P&T), National Aluminum Company Ltd
- 3. Chairman & Managing Director / Director (Finance), Hindustan Copper Ltd
- 4. Chairman & Managing Director, Indian Rare Earths Ltd
Members from Academia and R&D Institutions
- 5. Dr BN Suresh, (Former Director, Indian Institute of Space Technology), Thiruvananthapuram
- 6. Dr Shishir Deshpande, Director, ITER-India, Gandhinagar
- 7. Prof Prem Kalra, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur
- 8. Prof SP Mehrotra, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- 9. Dr (Mrs) Kinnera Murthy, Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI), Hyderabad
Members from Government Departments
- 10. Addl Secretary, Min of Mines)
- 11. Advisor, Min of New & Renewable Energy
- 12. Chief Controller (R&D), DRDO
- 13. Financial Advisor / Addl FA, DRDO
- 14. Dr K Balasubramanian, Director, NFTDC